1. Break the safety seal and pull the ring to releasethe lock. An alarm system will automatically notify emergency services by using the EMS private communication network.
2. Put on the harness and take the torpedo rescue buoy. The harness is linked to the device by a sling (lifeline).
3. Run and swim towards the person in distress. The sling will automatically start to unwind without effort.
4. When close to the person in distress, throw out the torpedo rescue buoy and fasten him/her with the carabineer.
5. To return to shore, press the control button placed on the harness to start the winching process at a constant speed of 1.5 m/s. This speed is maintained even when pulling 3 people at the same time, as well as with rip currents.
Exceptionally, and for security purposes, a person can press the SOS Orange device control buttons (start/stop) from shore or, if required, insert a handle using the gear system to manually turn the spool and wind in the cable.